With Apple's operating system (iOS 7 and after), Apple's security has been updated to higher levels than ever.
Sometimes, the device has been erased, but it is still linked to your account, which means we cannot run diagnostics on the phone, delaying the best part - your pay!
Option One: Removing your Activation lock using the device:
- Go to Settings, and then scroll down to iCloud
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Sign Out” or “Delete from Account”
- Once this is completed, and your account is removed, go back to the settings menu and tap on General
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”, and then “Erase all content and Settings”
Option Two: Removing your Activation lock via web browser:
(For dead devices, or devices where you cannot physically navigate to the settings menu)
Note: This must be done on a computer or laptop, not on an iPad or iPhone.
- Log in to your account at www.icloud.com
- Click on ‘Find my Phone’
- At the top of the screen click on “All Devices”
- Upon clicking this drop down, find the device you wish to unlock and click on it
- Click on “Remove from Account” - note “Erase” is not the correct option and will NOT remove your activation lock.
For more details please read: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5661
If you are having issues removing your Activation Lock after following the above instructions then please contact Apple directly to remove your account.